Sanjay Rawal and I discuss some of the news and major events of the past 6 weeks, including the Boston Marathon being held on Indigenous People’s Day; why the sport of long-distance running is particularly well-positioned to create a far more equitable situation for indigenous people; what it means to have had so many high-profile marathons held so close to one another; and the mission of Shalane Flanagan.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- Update: Self Transcendence 3100 Run (1:04)
- Major races are back (5:05)
- Boston Marathon on Indigenous Peoples’ Day (8:15)
- Running traditions of Indigenous communities (11:30)
- Shalane Flanagan’s multi-marathon mission (30:38)