TOPICS & TIMES:
- Materials & Adam’s background (2:20)
- Types of carbon fiber (5:57)
- Testing prototypes (13:20)
- What is Fusion Fiber? (15:37)
- Recyclability of Fusion Fiber (18:54)
- The claim: strongest wheels on the market (21:53)
- Development & production process (28:08)
- Other potential applications of Fusion Fiber (31:56))
- Environmental considerations (36:34)
Last week I sat down in Blister HQ with 28-year-old Adam Miller, who is the founder of Borealis Fat Bikes, Why Cycles, and Revel Bikes, and you can hear the whole fascinating backstory on our Bikes & Big Ideas podcast, episode #25.
Today on GEAR:30 we are airing the 2nd half of our conversation, where Adam dives deep into the details about Revel’s new wheels and this thing they’re using called “fusion fiber” — what it is; why Adam believes these wheels are the strongest on the market; their recyclability; their unique production process; other applications of fusion fiber, and more.
And you can check out our initial review of Revel’s RW30 Wheels.