Ski Boot Design: how did we get here, and where are we headed?
We brought together ski boot designers, Tom Pietrowski (K2), Christoph Lentz (Fischer), Riccardo Bonaiti (Dalbello), and Ross Herr (Dynafit) for this conversation — and pro skier / designer / obsessive tinkerer, Hoji, joins the conversation, too.
We get into how and why BOA dials are taking over ski boots for the 2023-2024 season; the role that weight plays in the development of boots of all types; the balancing act of designing a walk mechanism; the challenges presented by the boot-binding interface, and more.
TOPICS & TIMES
- Intros & Brands’ Latest Products 00:00
- Weight vs. Downhill Performance 8:35
- The Rise of BOA 20:25
- Walk Mechanisms 29:10
- Boot-Binding Interface Challenges 39:58
- Evaluating Fit Across the Whole Boot 50:13
- Women-Specific Boots 55:21